Friday, September 11, 2009

911

I remember hubs and I lived in our first apartment. It was only a one bedroom and my first boy was only 1 month old. I was sitting in a chair watching the Today show feeding him, same as most mornings. I have no idea what they were talking about before they cut to this story. I remember one plane had hit and they were showing footage of the building while doing commentary and we saw the second plane approach and make impact before the reporters even knew it had happened. I remember the fear people felt, the sadness, the anger, the want to do something... the unity, if only for a moment, of an otherwise  divided nation. At this time it didn't matter what 'party' you were, if you agreed with war or not, all the issues weren't issues for a moment. For a moment this made everybody feel, talk, dream, think and/or live differently. 

1 comment:

King of New York Hacks said...

Indeed..everything changed that day. Thanks for sharing that tragic moment.